Study Abroad Health/Travel Insurance:
All Pratt study abroad participants are required to have Pratt-approved health/travel insurance before they study abroad. Regardless of whether or not students already have health/travel insurance (in the states or abroad), Pratt students are required to enroll in GeoBlue Insurance for the duration of their time abroad. This is a mandatory policy of Pratt Institute, no exceptions will be made. The Office of Education Abroad will enroll you and the insurance will be available to you when you travel.
The pdf document below details GeoBlue member benefits:
GeoBlue Member Guide
Before you go abroad also take a look at GeoBlue's Pre-travel checklist:
GeoBlue Pre-travel Checklist
Responsibility and Waiver Statement:
In exchange for the Pratt Institute’s agreement to allow me to participate in the Program, I agree to the following:
- I state that there are no health-related reasons or problems, which preclude or restrict my participation in the Program. I certify that I have purchased GeoBlue Insurance through the office of Education Abroad.
- I understand that as an American citizen, permanent resident, or international student, I will be subject to the laws of that country. I agree to conduct myself in a manner that will comply with the regulations of my host university.
- I further understand that I am solely responsible for any and all costs arising out of my voluntary or involuntary withdrawal from the program prior to its completion, including, withdrawal caused by illness or disciplinary action by representative(s) of the host institution.
- Knowing the dangers, hazards and risks of such activities, and in consideration of being permitted to participate in the Exchange Program, I agree to assume all risks and responsibilities surrounding my participation in the program, the transportation to and from the program and in any activates undertaken, and in advance, release, waive, forever discharge and covenant not to sue Pratt, its governing board, officers, agents and employees (“Releases”) from and against any and all liability for any harm, injury, damage, claims, demands, actions, causes of action, costs and expenses of any nature that I may have or that may hereafter Responsibility and Waiver Statement accrue to me, arising out of or related to any loss or damage that may be sustained by me or by any property belonging to me, whether caused by negligence or carelessness of the Releases, or otherwise, while in, on, upon, or in transit to or from the premises where the Program or any adjunct to the Program, occurs or is being conducted.
- In signing this Responsibility and Release Statement, I acknowledge and represent that I have fully informed myself of the content of this waiver or liability and hold harmless agreement by reading it before I sign it, and I understand that I sign this document as my own free act and deed. I understand that Pratt does not require me to participate in the Program, but I want to do so, despite the possible dangers and risks and despite this Release.
- I state that I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent to sign this Responsibility and Release Statement; and that I execute this Responsibility and Release for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by the same.
- I further agree to that this Responsibility and Release Statement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York if any term or provision of this Responsibility and Release shall be held illegal, unenforceable or in conflict with any laws governing this Release, the validity of the remaining portions shall be affected thereby.